Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Thank you Courtney!

Aside from the fact that there hasn't been a post on here in a while, I wanted to give a shout out to Courtney. I don't know how to crochet. In the past, Courtney has taught me how to do a single crochet for a shell edging, and I just about got by. Well, today I went in for some crochet help for a hat/mitten pattern. Of course, I forgot the pattern and the book had sold out at Rosie's. Still, Courtney knew what I needed to do and helped explain some of the terms.

Tonight, I went home and read the directions again. I did a test swatch and then felt confident enough to start the crocheted picot edging on the hat. Check out my first attempt at more than just a crochet chain:


Here's the final product:


It's Susan Anderson's Cupcake Set (minus the scarf) from Itty Bitty Nursery. I knit it in Rowan Cashsoft DK (Pixie, Snowman, and Poppy). I knit the 6-12 months size.

Thanks so much Courtney!

No comments: